Holly Burkhalter, Vice President of Government Relations and Advocacy at International Justice Mission (IJM), spoke on October 24th, 2013 as part of a co-sponsored event with the Center for Christianity and Scholarship. IJM responds to the Bible’s call to seek justice by confronting poverty, victimization, and the denial of freedom and security. Burkhalter spoke about how IJM’s team of lawyers, investigators, and aftercare professionals serve widows, orphans and poor populations in countries around the world. Below is a brief interview with Holly about IJM’s mission and work.
- RT @ImmerseRights: Mapuche scholar and poet Adriana Paredes speaks at @DukeU about #indigenous #humanrights http://t.co/E5nDJ6UY1I Oct 30, 2014
- RT @ImmerseRights: How American influence can backfire: a student's thoughts: http://t.co/D3M7d5jUd2 Oct 28, 2014
- Check out the DukeImmerse Rights & Identities in Latin America class blog. Reflections on human rights trip to Chile.http://t.co/y1qbHlExek Oct 27, 2014
For more DHRC@FHI videos, visit our YouTube playlist.
Learn how to do effective activism on Duke's campus
Holly Burkhalter describes her work with the International Justice Mission
By mhl19 /
Share This Page
November 4 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
November 14 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
January 22, 2015 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
- Day of the Dead
- Fatal Assistance screening with Raoul Peck
- Poverty, North Carolina and the American Flight From Equality