Holly Burkhalter, Vice President of Government Relations and Advocacy at International Justice Mission (IJM), spoke on October 24th, 2013 as part of a co-sponsored event with the Center for Christianity and Scholarship. IJM responds to the Bible’s call to seek justice by confronting poverty, victimization, and the denial of freedom and security. Burkhalter spoke about how IJM’s team of lawyers, investigators, and aftercare professionals serve widows, orphans and poor populations in countries around the world. Below is a brief interview with Holly about IJM’s mission and work.
- RT @guardian: Mexico missing students protests: share your photos and stories via @GuardianWitness http://t.co/9OIFPwEE3w Oct 23, 2014
- Catherine Flowers to give environmental justice talk "America's Dirty Secret: Living Amongst Raw Sewage" on 10/24 http://t.co/NMD2I9Jllk Oct 22, 2014
- RT @NichInstitute: America's dirty secret: people living near raw #sewage. Find out more Oct 24 http://t.co/IJaWF1OjSX Event co-sponsor: @D… Oct 22, 2014
For more DHRC@FHI videos, visit our YouTube playlist.
Learn how to do effective activism on Duke's campus
Holly Burkhalter describes her work with the International Justice Mission
By mhl19 /
Share This Page
October 28 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
October 29 @ 12:00 pm - 1:15 pm
October 30 @ 6:30 pm
- The Middle East in Turmoil: A Public Conversation
- A History of Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières
- America, Islam, and the Legacy of Dr. King Today