Holly Burkhalter, Vice President of Government Relations and Advocacy at International Justice Mission (IJM), spoke on October 24th, 2013 as part of a co-sponsored event with the Center for Christianity and Scholarship. IJM responds to the Bible’s call to seek justice by confronting poverty, victimization, and the denial of freedom and security. Burkhalter spoke about how IJM’s team of lawyers, investigators, and aftercare professionals serve widows, orphans and poor populations in countries around the world. Below is a brief interview with Holly about IJM’s mission and work.
- September Newsletter: Meet the new DukeImmerse students #constantcontact http://t.co/IHFi5Vp972 Sep 25, 2014
- Kathy Libal focuses her #humanrights teaching on economic and social rights at @UConn, focusing on persistent US social welfare failures Sep 22, 2014
- On 9/30 the Duke Human Rights Center will welcome Robert Walker, Social Policy Professor & UN Special Rapporteur. http://t.co/eCM1GHrec9 Sep 22, 2014
For more DHRC@FHI videos, visit our YouTube playlist.
Learn how to do effective activism on Duke's campus
Holly Burkhalter describes her work with the International Justice Mission
By mhl19 /
Share This Page
September 30 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
October 8 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
October 8 @ 7:00 pm - 8:40 pm
- Do We Accept the Right to be Extremely Poor? Results from an Empirical Enquiry
- Gendered knowledge in community based adaptation: Illustrations from Tanzania
- Screening of documentary film WHO CARES? at Duke