Holly Burkhalter, Vice President of Government Relations and Advocacy at International Justice Mission (IJM), spoke on October 24th, 2013 as part of a co-sponsored event with the Center for Christianity and Scholarship. IJM responds to the Bible’s call to seek justice by confronting poverty, victimization, and the denial of freedom and security. Burkhalter spoke about how IJM’s team of lawyers, investigators, and aftercare professionals serve widows, orphans and poor populations in countries around the world. Below is a brief interview with Holly about IJM’s mission and work.
- Check out this opinion column in today's @DukeChronicle. http://t.co/YlIaqa07TO 19 hours ago
- If you're attending Auk Nr. 8 tonight, use #RightsCameraAction to tweet questions to the panelists & your reactions to the film! 22 hours ago
- Méndez will place his historical papers in the @rubensteinlib Human Rights Archives. http://t.co/vWj7LcTeLp Hear him speak Fri! #NuncaMas Sep 16, 2014
For more DHRC@FHI videos, visit our YouTube playlist.
Learn how to do effective activism on Duke's campus
Holly Burkhalter describes her work with the International Justice Mission
By mhl19 /
Share This Page
September 19 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Kathryn Libal, “Bringing Economic and Social Rights ‘Home’: A View from an Interdisciplinary Human Rights Classroom”September 22 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
September 29 @ 12:20 am - 1:20 pm
- Duke Red Cross Blood Drive
- "When Prejudice Masquerades as Science: The History of 'Diagnosis' and 'Treatment' of Homosexuality"
- Kinship Trouble: The Equality / Difference Debates : NC, USA, France, Europe