Holly Burkhalter, Vice President of Government Relations and Advocacy at International Justice Mission (IJM), spoke on October 24th, 2013 as part of a co-sponsored event with the Center for Christianity and Scholarship. IJM responds to the Bible’s call to seek justice by confronting poverty, victimization, and the denial of freedom and security. Burkhalter spoke about how IJM’s team of lawyers, investigators, and aftercare professionals serve widows, orphans and poor populations in countries around the world. Below is a brief interview with Holly about IJM’s mission and work.
- El Salvador needs international support to face its internal problems #waterquality #internationalaid http://t.co/Oagd5bCVWc Aug 15, 2014
- As part of his research this summer, history grad student @e_b_bobadilla visits the U.S.-Mexico border. http://t.co/pIdUVwigZE Aug 9, 2014
- Rinchen Dolma ('16) interviews Tibetan patients with TB and the nurses and doctors who care for them. http://t.co/OtwxrCeBiV Aug 8, 2014
For more DHRC@FHI videos, visit our YouTube playlist.
Learn how to do effective activism on Duke's campus
Holly Burkhalter describes her work with the International Justice Mission
By mhl19 /
Share This Page
September 17 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
September 19 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Kathryn Libal, “Bringing Economic and Social Rights ‘Home’: A View from an Interdisciplinary Human Rights Classroom”September 22 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Business and Human Rights
- Civil Rights, Duke, and Durham in the 1960's
- Bringing Economic and Social Rights "Home": A View from an Interdisciplinary Human Rights Classroom