Filmed over the course of 23 years, The Betrayal (Nerakhoon) is the epic story of a Lao soldier family’s journey from war-torn Laos to New York City. Co-directed by Thavisouk Phrasavath, who describes his own life as a young man struggling to survive both a war and the hardships of immigrant life, and renowned cinematographer Ellen Kuras in her directorial debut, The Betrayal (Nerakhoon) shows the hidden, human face of war’s collateral damage.
- RT @guardian: Mexico missing students protests: share your photos and stories via @GuardianWitness http://t.co/9OIFPwEE3w Oct 23, 2014
- Catherine Flowers to give environmental justice talk "America's Dirty Secret: Living Amongst Raw Sewage" on 10/24 http://t.co/NMD2I9Jllk Oct 22, 2014
- RT @NichInstitute: America's dirty secret: people living near raw #sewage. Find out more Oct 24 http://t.co/IJaWF1OjSX Event co-sponsor: @D… Oct 22, 2014
For more DHRC@FHI videos, visit our YouTube playlist.
Learn how to do effective activism on Duke's campus
October 28 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
October 29 @ 12:00 pm - 1:15 pm
October 30 @ 6:30 pm
- America's Dirty Secret: Living Amongst Raw Sewage
- NCLAFF: OCCUPY THE IMAGINATION
- The Middle East in Turmoil: A Public Conversation